Hello fellow Woywwers everywhere,
here to celebrate 900 WOYWW posts
900 Wednesdays to celebrate. Such a lots of cards, and other crafty makes, so much laughter and most of all, some firm friendship made. There have also been some sadnesses, friends lost, and some amazing love and support shown to those in need. I will never forget the love from WOYWWers when Adrian had his big, very scary surgery, nor the messages of love when I tried to fly, and came a cropper. What magnificent people you are.
And I’m sure the wonderful Julia had no idea what the future held when she started WOYWW more than 17 years ago, but she started something fantastic, and Sarah is continuing it, bless her.
So to my desk, and those who remember my desk from previous visits will instantly recognise the chaos that my workspace always is! And today is no different!
And for those who have just randomly ended up here, and wonder what on earth I am on about, go and visit Sarah's craft shed where all will be revealed.
So a quick catch up about where we are now, we are still living alongside the canal near Lincoln, but sadly we had to sell our beautiful narrow boat eighteen months ago. Time seems to have done some strange things to our bodies, they no longer obey our brain's instruction with alacrity and efficiency as they used to and we just cannot manage the boat any more, it could be quite hard physical work at times, and the family insisted that we weren't safe any more. So after more than 50 years of boating, we now sit here with 200ft of mooring, and no boat, but we watch the other boats go by, and enjoy the wildlife and go on getting older.
We did have a wonderful time of celebration two weeks ago, when our eldest grandson got married, absolutely brilliant family time, sorry no picture yet.
So what I am working on today is clearly Christmas cards, although it shouldn't be. Out of shot of this picture are the makings of a birthday card, but it is for someone who may be tuning into WOYWW, so I can't share that. Maybe at the end of the month, if I manage to continue to post until then.
So, once again, thank you for visiting my scrappy page, and keep on crafting.
Chris

13 comments:
great to see you back on this special day for WOYWW week 900. hope you are well. helen #4
Happy 900th WOYWW!! Oh Chris, it is so marvellous to see you here on the list today and to know that you and Adrian are doing well. I’m sad to hear about your boat but I guess it was the right thing to do and you’re still seeing other craft go past - gorgeous pic of the Kingfisher btw! How lovely that your GS got married as well, special times for sure. Are you still in touch with Margaret? I’d love to know how she is, we lost a lot of email etc etc when a computer broke.
I do hope you feel you can join in again showing us what you’re working on.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx
Happy 900th Chris! I loved reading your page! Lots to read and see! We are sailors - dinghy sailors mostly but these days I am not fit enough to 'go about'. I am hoping this hip replacement is going to make a huge difference! Susan #14
Happy Week 900 WOYWW!
The gardener is trimming the hedges outside my window so hoping to sneak in while he has lunch. Toooo loud.
SO MUCH FUN seeing people pop in again to celebrate - and congrats on your recent celebration - a married grandson? How can it be? Like you, I find it hard to accept the changes that time has wrought. Enjoy the scene from the mooring and boat on in your memories...
See you for 1000...
Mary Anne (1)
Hi Chris, great to see you. Sorry to hear you had to let the boat go, I always have a peak at it when we pass but thought you must have gone off somewhere when I didn't see it. It's great to look back at what everyone's been up to. Sending big woyww hugs, Angela x12x
Happy 900th WOYWW! I am sorry to hear about your boat, but I can understand why. Lovely kingfisher and nice to see you are still happily crafting. With love & God Bless, Caro xx #19
I don't believe I've visited your blog before, so nice to meet you. You are way ahead of the game, as I haven't even been thinking about Christmas cards yet. Happy WOYWW 900th Post! Arnoldo #2
Happy WOYWW 900 and it's good to see you here again. So sorry that you had to give up your boating but I'm sure you have some wonderful trips to remember it by. Love the photo of the kingfisher. I'm nowhere near thinking of Christmas yet. I've been prepping for autumn themed pages instead. Have a wonderful week. Elizabeth #27
Hi Chris. I've loved my visit and laughed at your desk, it looks very like mine. How come we end up working in a tiny space with lots of chaos around, must be those creative juices flowing. Don't mention Christmas, I'm still hoping for a bit more summer yet before I can get in the mood for christmas card making. Such a shame you had to let your boat go, but at least you can still enjoy waving at other boaters, sounds a beautiful place to be. Happy 900th WOYWW and I hope I'll see you again. Hugs Lisa #17
Bother! just lost my comment (again!) Never mind! Happy 900th WOYWW I've been away for a bit too, but came back last week so had to have a go this week....I think I started in week 3...but can't find it now.... Not started my Christmas goodies yet....hope to soon...knowing me, Christmas Eve! Happy WOYWW {{Lyn)) #16
Goodmorning! It's so good to 'see' you. Just like me you tried to find the time to join in, glad you did! O yes, time takes his toll on our bodies... I know all about it. Sorry about the boat but living near water still is always a joy! I am looking for 'free/spare time' to visit some blogposts all through the coming days so by the end of the week I hope to have visit all desks on the list - as an 'old woyww-participant' I just wanted to celebrate this 900th anniversary so badly and it's so lovely to 'bloghop' to all the wednesday-desks again. It's good to see all the creativity that is still going on, and visit long-time-no-see desks/ladies! Congrats to you too for the 900th woyww, keep up the good spirit and have a nice weekend. Love from the Netherlands, Marit #24
I tried commenting several times yesterday but my comment refused to publish. Thanks for being a part of WOYWW. Happy 900th. Sarah
Hi Chris, good to see you here. know what you mean about these traitorous bodies, don't they know we are still young at heart? Sorry to hear about your boat but better safe than sorry I guess and a view on to the canal is nothing to be sniffed at judging by your photos. Happy 900th, Have a wonderful week, love n hugs Cindyxx #21
Post a Comment