Pages

Wednesday, 2 September 2026

WOYWW 900

 Hello fellow Woywwers everywhere,

here to celebrate 900 WOYWW posts

 

900 Wednesdays to celebrate. Such a lots of cards, and other crafty makes, so much laughter and most of all, some firm friendship made. There have also been some sadnesses, friends lost, and some amazing love and support shown to those in need. I will never forget the love from WOYWWers when Adrian had his big, very scary surgery, nor the messages of love when I tried to fly, and came a cropper. What magnificent people you are. 

And I’m sure the wonderful Julia had no idea what the future held when she started WOYWW more than 17 years ago, but she started something fantastic, and Sarah is continuing it, bless her.

So to my desk, and those who remember my desk from previous visits will instantly recognise the chaos that my workspace always is! And today is no different!

And for those who have just randomly ended up here, and wonder what on earth I am on about, go and visit Sarah's craft shed where all will be revealed. 

 So a quick catch up about where we are now, we are still living alongside the canal near Lincoln, but sadly we had to sell our beautiful narrow boat eighteen months ago. Time seems to have done some strange things to our bodies, they no longer obey our brain's instruction with alacrity and efficiency as they used to and we just cannot manage the boat any more, it could be quite hard physical work at times, and the family insisted that we weren't safe any more. So after more than 50 years of boating, we now sit here with 200ft of mooring, and no boat, but we watch the other boats go by, and enjoy the wildlife and go on getting older.

We did have a wonderful time of celebration two weeks ago, when our eldest grandson got married, absolutely brilliant family time, sorry no picture yet. 

 So what I am working on today is clearly Christmas cards, although it shouldn't be. Out of shot of this picture are the makings of a birthday card, but it is for someone who may be tuning into WOYWW, so I can't share that. Maybe at the end of the month, if I manage to continue to post until then. 

So, once again, thank you for visiting my scrappy page, and keep on crafting.

Chris 


 

2 comments:

Helen said...

great to see you back on this special day for WOYWW week 900. hope you are well. helen #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 900th WOYWW!! Oh Chris, it is so marvellous to see you here on the list today and to know that you and Adrian are doing well. I’m sad to hear about your boat but I guess it was the right thing to do and you’re still seeing other craft go past - gorgeous pic of the Kingfisher btw! How lovely that your GS got married as well, special times for sure. Are you still in touch with Margaret? I’d love to know how she is, we lost a lot of email etc etc when a computer broke.
I do hope you feel you can join in again showing us what you’re working on.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx