Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

WOYWW 243

Well my worktop today is very busy,  or a bit of a mess, depends on your point of view.
I've been away for over a week, and when I got home the priority was clearing everything out of my study so that I could have a new carpet laid this afternoon so I had done no crafting for more than 10 days. As a result I was getting withdrawal symptoms so have done a lot of playing today, and pulling lots of things out of the cupboards.
 Here I have the ink pad drawer out because my New Year's resolution was to do more stamping this year.I am not very good at it, so tend buy lots of nice stamps but avoid using them because I don't like spending time on things only to have unusable results. So in 2014 I am going to practice and get better and enjoy using all those lovely stamps
 
 This shows the worktop from the other end with lots of mini ink pads, a couple of stamps and right at the front are some stamped flowers drying before I can colour them.

 So a full frontal of the desk  shows those stamped flowers more clearly, and the other thing I was playing with, which was masks and sparkle medium.  The mask on the left and the piece I did with it back right, and a butterfly at the front left.

And,...... drumroll...... here is my final stamped card! I am rather pleased with the result, I will do more stamping.
And if you have just randomly arrived at this page and are wondering why I am wittering about my desk,  click on the link and you can visit Madame Julia and there you can find links to peruse a hundred or so more desks.
Have fun people
Blessing to you
Chris















10 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning, Chris. Glad to see you back home and having fun. Hope you like the new carpet - see you later - kettle will soon be on!
Margaret #39

Unknown said...

You certainly have a lot going on, hope you are enjoying your new carpet...I really like your card, it's gorgeous... Hope you have a wonderful week and happy crafting... DeDe #47

Karen said...

Beautiful stamping, you should do more of it! I'm going to join you in more stamping, but also colouring too. Dialysis gives you lots of boredom time to fill..! Happy WOYWW! Karen 77 x

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah, the desk is a sight to behold, and no, not messy to me at all! Nice stamping - it takes but a little practice and no fer of over inking in my opinion...don't wipe the ink pad onto the stamp, tap it firmly and just apply firm equal pressure...job done!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

It sounds to me as though your willpower is about as good as mine. I wasn't going to buy any more craft stuff until I had tidied my room and used some of what I already have. That worked well - not! As for the baby powder, you just sprinkle a bit on the card, use a make up brush to spread it all over and brush it off, then give it a bit of a blow, before stamping your image and then applying the embossing powder. It helps to cut down the speckles that can appear when you heat it. Hope that helps. If you want to know more, just contact me. xx Maggie #2

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Well it looks like you are already a proficient stamper. Love the finished card. Ali x. #56.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Enjoy the stamping!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am truly impressed with your stamp pad holder. I've never seen one like it before. Like you, I'm not much of a stamper, but Julia has tried to make a stamper out of both of us, it seems. I love your card. It is fantastic. I would give it a BIG thumbs up.

Thanks for visiting me already and happy slightly belated WOYWW from #1.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Chris, I had intended to answer your questions, but hit send too fast. First, I have about 460 rocking horses. I haven't counted them in awhile, so there may be more or less. The last time I counted, I had 447.

I made these backgrounds specifically for two challenges I am in. The first one is on my blog right now. I do sometimes make a few backgrounds ahead, though, and cut them to size as I need them. These are file folders, though, and they are for specific challenges. Hope that answered your questions.

okienurse said...

Awesome lot of fun things out on your desk. Love all the paper crafting goodies. Thanks for visiting my desk and leaving a comment. I love to hear from others. Vickie aka Okienurse.