Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

WOYWW 293

Hello lovely people and welcome to my first WOYWW of the year, If you don't know what I am on about, visit Her LadyshipJulia at The Stamping ground. 
Well I have had a mixed start to 2015, 
We have had problems with our electrical power circuit which keeps tripping and setting off the alarm, amongst other things, so the electrician was summoned and the decision was made that the alarm needed to be run straight from the fuse box and not on the power circuit. So where was the wiring that had to be altered? Running along the back of my craft cupboard, he would come back on Friday, so last Tuesday everything came out of the cupboard, leading to this chaos.
Of course while it was out a much needed sort out was in order. Piles of paper and other craft bits, that I know I won't use, will soon be on their way to the children's ward at  the local hospital

In addition of course I had unreliable power supply for my computer, so didn't dare try to do a post last week, because the poor thing has had its power supply withdrawn randomly at least twice a day for several weeks, and keeps suggesting that I turn it on in safe mode.
Anyway, in the middle of that chaos, I just had to create a 60th birthday card for brother in law and a 70th card for a friend, so a serious right shove cleared sufficient space to make these two cards.

My brother in law is so into Scalextrics cars that all he wanted for his 60th birthday was 'toy' cars, so we decided that he was never going to grow up, just continue to play with toys like a six year old for the rest of his life.






Now for a bit of not so good news. I did a lots of knitting for Christmas, if you look back to my  Christmas eve post you will the doll I knitted and this is the tea cosy I made for my niece and the result is that I have repetitive strain injury, or tendonitis and I am not supposed to be doing any knitting and limiting computer use to a bare minimum, so for a few weeks at least, I will probably not do a WOYWW each week, but may do a little bit of visiting each Wednesday. I will try to return visits to this post, but will otherwise save my arm for important things, like doing my bra up and brushing my hair and lifting a cup to my mouth.
So bless you all reading and Happy WOYWW and 2015
Chris


16 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

You sure have a busy desk, I know you know what is all on there. sucks when things go wrong around the house, hope they fix your circuit Bridget #1

Annie said...

I'm enjoying another twinnie fun day here so am just grabbing 5 mins to visit my fav blogs.
So sorry to hear of your hand problems (I have days like that too 😒) really hope it eases soon but til then do all the right things and rest it.
Hugs,
Annie x #26

Anne said...

Hello Chris - how I hate things going wrong! Sorry re hand - take care. Anne x #37

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

mm , well Chris!!! who would have thought knitting could be dangerous to life and limb???
.. well limb at any event sorry to hear it .. also you made the knitted dollies too so double trouble there after all. :(
Great work on the cards..

Sorry about your electricity and also computer... one thought about the latter (will pray for the former to sort out) is that maybe you could do a Disk clean up and Defragment it as well.
If you need to know how that, pm me. My computer is old (six years too:D) and it likes to be done every month or so and then is quite ok. But notice when it want to be redone.

Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #44

{Shaz in Oz – my personal blog}

Queenie Jeannie said...

I think I would cry if I had to tear my room apart to let the electrician in!!! What a lot of work that must have been. I hope your arm feels better very soon!

Happy Crafting (and resting)!
Jeannie #17

Lucy said...

I've had tendinitis before. I'd be lost without my correctional gauntlet, so I feel your pain. The car card looks fab. Must be something in the air regarding desk shoves, peggy aplseeds did the same thing this week! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Lucy #24 woyww x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Chris! How annoying with the alarm! The worst thing is you can never turn those off! At least it gave you a change to do a clear out. Make sure you don't give away things you might need later. I gave away a load of stuff a couple of years ago to my son's school club, thinking that I was done with crafting and a really miss some of them now! I love your birthday cards, especially the one that says 6 years old for the 10th time, LOL! Hope your hand gets better soon. I sometimes have the same problem due to excessive use of the keyboard and mouse. Don't worry if you can't return my visit! It's more important to rest your hands! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #47

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

The cards turned out great! I have a relative that is really into hotwheel cars and tracks..and even has a electric train going around his house...at age 59..so I can see why that card was so appropriate :) Happy WOYWW and save your hands for bra attaching for sure! lol Shel#56

Twiglet said...

Great cards - I do hope that wrist gets better fast! x Jo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a fantastic 60th birthday card. Laughed and laughed.

It made me feel good to see that you are donating to a local hospital. They can certainly use the paper, I'm sure. And I know it will be appreciated. So, that impressed me a BUNCH!!

Thanks for visiting while I slept. Happy WOYWW from #2.

sandysewin said...

Aww bummer about the tendinitis. I know several knitters who overdid it and had to take some time off. I do love that tea cozy, though!

Yes, there's nothing like an electrician's visit to get us to clean up and under and inside areas we haven't accessed for a while! Hope the clean out goes well. :-)

Happy creating and happy woyww,

Sandy #54

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I enjoyed reading your post! They say out of adversity comes triumph and I think that's the outcome of all the rewiring....sorting, recycling and tidying :-)
Sorry to hear about your RSI though....we totally understand about you having to prioritise your hand tasks. Having to swing free wouldn't be on ;-)
Btw, can I ask about Margaret? I hope she is ok, I realised she hasn't been on the desks recently and was wondering about her
Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

Neet said...

That's a good idea with the paper donation. Must remember that one - and include other stuff as I need to tidy up a bit (read get rid of stuff).
I hope your RSI clears up quickly and you are soon able to work with less pain.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx
ps I was wondering about Margaret too

Scrapthology said...

I absolutely love that tea cosy, I bet she was chuffed with it.

Nikki said...

That tea cosy is just so cute and I'm sure he loves that he's never grown up like all boys they refuse :)
hugs Nikki 22
late visiting

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Chris, all that love and effort in the knitting and now you're hurting..am so sorry, but take the advice and be very careful! By the way, the tea cosy is really splendid! I'm sorry too about the electrics and the emptying of the cupboard -Ah me...forced to sort and clear, not one of my favourite past times s you've probably read!!