Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2017

WOYWW 425

Well I was determined to blog this week, and first can I say thanks for all the kind messages via Margaret last week. We really are on the move, craft stuff all packed away, either in Margaret's attic, on the boat or ready to go into storage with the rest  of our furniture until we find our mansion by the canal, or at least a nice house.
So my worktop as it was on Monday, completely clear, apart from the glass mat, which I want removal men to take extra care of.



And I have scrubbed the surface clean, all the glue and paint and other gunk that missed the mat and stuck to the surface, all removed.
Initially we will be living on board the boat, and then, for about 6 weeks, in a caravan while the boat is out of the water for a repaint. During this time we will be house hunting, but we are very particular in what we want. Detached house or bungalow, 3 or more bedrooms, WITH A CANAL MOORING. That is absolutely essential, and properties with moorings are not quite as rare as hen's teeth, but very nearly. There are certainly not many on the market.
In order to be ready for the move, I have made sure I had made all the cards I need until the beginning of October, so here are a few of them.
For my daughter and son in law.

































For a friend.
Ooooppps sorry about my feet.





























For OH's uncle who is 95 in August    




I was going to share a couple more but Blogger is misbehaving badly, and won't let me.
So thank you for visiting my blog, and thank you Julia for hosting this extravaganza of craftiness.

As we are moving on August 3rd, I maybe rather busy tomorrow, but will try to get back to any lovely soul who comments,
Bless you all
Chris

19 comments:

Helen said...

good luck with your move(s) and I hope you find your dream home soon! that glass mat is worth taking extra care of, hope the men come with huge rolls of bubble wrap! Take care. Helen #1

Claire said...

We moved into this house last August, so I well-remember the busy-ness and disruption... Sending good thoughts that you find the home you want :)
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 7

Neet said...

Oh Chris, what a fabulous piece of glass - no wonder you want extra care being taken of it. Where is it going to?
Good luck with the house hunting, can imagine that kind of property is hard to come by, once you have a place with a mooring you most likely don't want to give it up. In the meantime, enjoy work on the canal.
Hugs and Blessings
Neet 8 xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Chris,

Good luck on your home hunt! Living on a boat sounds fabulous though. I saw a barge crossing over the bypass on the viaduct on my way home from work one day and I was so excited I was shouting and waving at it like they could hear me! Mad as a box of frogs, I know.

Love the cards, they are great! Thanks for sharing. Lyns xx #20

glitterandglue said...

Morning both!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't be long now 'til you move... see you Tuesday teatime - I'll have a comforting meal ready for you!
Margaret

Sarah Brennan said...

All the best with the move; hope you find your ideal home soon. Sarah #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so pleased for you that the house sale has finally gone through - woohoo!! GPs luck with all the plans over the summer - we took a chance last year and stepped into the big unknown and it has worked out so well for us - we're so happy back in Wales!
Take care, hugs LLJ 6 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hello Mrs D, I do hope the house hunting goes easily for you, even though you have some specifics in mind.Lovely cards.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

craftyani said...

Good luck with your house hunting, living on a boat must be fun. Lovely cards good feeling to be ahead of the times. ANickoana #4

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Sounds like we're in the same boat - so to speak - but you're actually in a real one LOL! We've also sold our house and buying another, but anything can happen at this point, so I'm not making definite plans yet. Good luck with your house hunting - we have a the Sharpness/Gloucester canal nearby and I have seen a few houses with canal mooring on sale in the past 10 years, but like you said, they don't come on the market very often. Mind you, it's almost as difficult to move into an area with good schools! Have a happy week! zsuzsa #26

Hazel said...

Hope the house hunting goes well and that the time in the boat and the caravan will be OK. It's always difficult being packed up and seeing the workspace bare - I know what you mean about getting all the glue etc off. Thanks for sharing - Hazel, #25 x

Plush Possum Studio said...

Best wishes on all of your house hunting! Your cards are all really lovely. No need to respond if you are too busy and lack enough time. Having moved as recently as 3 years ago, I sympathize. You need relaxing times, too along with the busier ones.
Your canal ideal sounds a real treat!
Happy WOYWW!
Rose #35

Jan said...

Great space and thanks for sharing xx Jan (36)

Lindart said...

Nice cards! I really like the 95 birthday card, I guess that is called a gatefold?
Good luck with your search for a new home, I hope you find a good real estate agent who can do some digging for you! Best of luck! Thanks, for sharing, Lindart #33 (PS-the link takes you a page that says post does not exist - just click on "home", and it will go to the post)

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Chris, it looks even bigger than ever...and a little sad! I'm thrilled for your adventure though - have you been in touch with 'Escape to the Country' about finding a new home with your criteria? (I'm only half joking actually!)
Great good luck for the move and the house hunting..what a new adventure!

StampinCarol said...

Hope your move goes well and the house hunting productive! Love your cards!
Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #29

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Praise Gid fir His mercies are very great, great to get cards all done till Oct what a job and love the ones shared too esp happy 95 th!!! Amazing. Praying oir right home with right mooring, Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will provide.
Pray too the removalist do good job with all items safely transported dear friend.
Thanks for sharing your space!
Shaz in Oz.x 39

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Good luck with the move and hope you find what you're looking for. There is a house of the type you want on the side of the Fosdyke canal near Lincoln but not really where you want to be. There are lots of people round here who live on there boats all the time and even have there own little sheds and post boxes. I'm having to take my time getting round this week due to a bad head cold but I'll get there. Happy belated woyww, Angela x19x

Rachel Brown said...

Good luck with your move and finding a new home. Thanks for sharing your makes too x