Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

WOYWW 522

Well what a fab day we had at the crop in Shrewsbury last Saturday.  21 woywwers and 8 hubbies did a lot of crafty stuff at Radbrook community centre. Actually, I lie, there was a lot of talking,  lot of eating of cake, a lot of craft material swapped, lots of ATCs exchanged and a little bit of crafting.

So why were we there, well it is all down to this lovely lady in pink with her 'crown', the Queen of Snoop, Julia, who started it all 10 years ago. You can visit her blog at her stamping ground. There you will be able to snoop at lots more crafty desks.
The lady in blue is Annie, one of the two lovely deskers who organised Saturday's wonderful extravaganza, thank you Annie and Jo.
So I came home with lots of ATCs, and various other swappable beauties.














William Morris famously said  'have nothing in your home that you do not believe to be beautiful or useful', he forgot the yummy, and some of the swapped goodies were indeed edible, and yes, mine are still untouched in the Crafty tower with the ATCs.








Some people also took along craft materials, from their stash, that they felt were surplus to their requirements, so I had to be kind and relieve them of some of their excess!

And just to prove that some of the haul was indeed useful, I nearly missed showing you this nice book mark which started work the same day I received it, which is why it was not in the picture of the other treasures. Thank you Caro,
 






So, I hear you say, this is all about What's on your workdesk Wednesday, and I haven't shown you my desk. Well, you see, the disadvantage with having a detached 'studio' is that one has to access it, and Mr D has built new concrete steps right by the gate to the lawn, the other side of which is the crafty tower, so I can't get there until it has all dried, or the rain stops enough for me to go round the long and slippy way, and you have enough pictures to look at already methinks.
Thank you for wading through my drivel, and for any comments you make, I will endeavor to get back to you before next Wednesday
Bless you
Chris





20 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh no Chris, no long and slippy way for you Mrs, too much at stake! good grief I can feel my heart pounding just at the thought of it!! It was fab to see you, after such a big op too, I thought you were looking marvellous and well...so glad it may at last all be coming together and you’ll be able to put that fall behind you. It was a marvellous day, I found everybody’s intentions to get crafting very inspiring.

Anne said...

Hello Chris.Lovely to see you again and desire your op I thought you looked so well. Please, please, please no travelling down slippy paths! Take care. Anne X #15

Neet said...

Hi Chris, good to see you again, and I love the new hair do! Sorry to see you still incapacitated with your arm in a sling but hopefully, with the grace of God, you will have a working shoulder soon. Pain free too. Holding you in prayer.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing your fun ATC's and photos. Sounds like a great time. Enjoy a great week and have a Happy WOYWW day

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Chris, what a lovely day we had! So many fab ATC's & gifts, and a lovely collection from the swap table too. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Helen said...

Glad you are joining in one armed still. It was such fun. I see they're thinking of doing it there again so there maybe another chance to meet up again. Helen #2

Lillianb said...

Love looking at all your pictures of the crop and lovely tings you brought home,

Lilian B #16

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Chris, I think you were one of the few people I didn't recognise. I will now that we have met! It was so lovely to meet everyone - perhaps we will see each other again next year. I love your crafty tower - how cool is that (despite the difficulty of accessing it in bad weather). I hope your shoulder/arm is getting stronger every day! Happy #522 and may there be lots more to come! zsuzsa #26

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I thought you were looking great too Chris and I loved your new shorter hairstyle, makes you look younger! So wonderful to see you at the Crop, thank you for making the big effort to come along. And please, don't go the slippy way to your tower...
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Caro said...

It was so lovely to meet you on Saturday and chat a little. It really was a special day. I'm glad you like the bookmark! I hope you heal well very soon and in the meantime protect that poor shoulder. Happy WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#9)

Diana Taylor said...

I'm so enjoying the pictures of the crop and all the lovely goodies people brought home - you have some lovely goodies on your desk there!
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #20

Heather M said...

Hi Chris, it was lovely to see you on Saturday. I hope all goes well with your arm recovering after your operation. You have some lovely ATCs and goodies. Didn't we do well, all of us crafty ladies! Please wait for the new steps to dry out and don't go the slippy route. Thanks for stopping by earlier, I think some form of get together may be arranged for later in the year, but I'm with you - December is always a busy month, so possibly earlier than that, we shall see. Have a lovely week Heather xx #6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Chris, so pleased you all had such a great time and wish I could have been there with you, maybe another time. I received a lovely surprise today with all the extra ATCs and other goodies from the ladies at the crop and loving your gorgeous bookmark. It made me feel really happy to think that even though you were all there enjoying each others company you still had time to think about me stuck here at home Lol! Looks like you came home with some interesting new stash too. Just you take care with that arm and don't go trying to climb any slippy steps. Hope to see you some time. Happy woyww, Angela x17x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry to have taken so long to visit. Unfortunately, my electricity was off this afternoon and into the night due to the storms. Now it is back on and I'm trying to play catch up.


I felt sorry for you at the crop, but it appears you were quite happy and your arm didn't seem to bother your crafting. I am jealous of all the goodies you received. AND in awe, too. I can relate to rain and slippery stairs. Story of MY life right now, too. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Sarah Brennan said...

It was great to see you again Chris. Hope you are able to access the craft turret again soon. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

craftyani said...

Are you not allowed to put your footprint in the concrete as it is the way to your craft domain? Glad you had a good weekend look to have loads of goodies. ANi #19

Twiglet said...

So good to see you on Saturday and glad we managed a happy, fun day all together. Take care with that arm - hope you are soon back on top form up in that fab studio. xx Jo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Chris,
I pray the surgery was successful and the healing is continuous.. to completely okay again, please LOrd.
Loving your collection of images. So really fun to see everything, I’m guessing your craft room isn’t where it was but over in the “derelict-when-I -was-there” tower. 😊
Happy belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing your desk, Shaz in Oz.x #23

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Christine said...

Great post. So thoughtful to build steps near to your tower ....hope the concrete dries soon .... please don't try the slippy way .....
Otherwise, have a good week
Christine #25

Kelly said...

Hey Chris
Thanks for showing pics of the crop. I'm not playing this week but am traveling around to peek at pictures!

I still haven't gotten an email from you so I can send you an ATC. Give me a shout, please KellyH (at) artlover (dot) com
Creative Blessings!