Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

WOYWW 568


 Good morning peeps and welcome to my desk, coming to you courtesy of our wonderful WOYWW host  Madame Julia..
On my desk at teatime yesterday was an 80th birthday card just finished, and going in the post today.

You can also see, on the mat, 2 of my multiple pairs of scissors, many more can be seen in the pots at the back, and my trusty mug, which was empty at this point. Otherwise, there is nothing further of note except the usual detritus of a craft work space.
Behind, through the window, you can see a field of spring wheat greening up nicely, in spite of the lack of rain, apparently it only needs the dampness of the dew to grow.
Nothing else really to report, house arrest has continued with more gardening, we have been planting more fruit trees, but bare root trees are not really photogenic at present.
However, we celebrated 51 years of marriage early in the month, and I intended to show you the card I made for Adrian earlier, but forgot, so here it is.



And this was the inside, bit cheeky, but after 51 years I decided it was time he heard the "truth"! He seemed to appreciate it.


















Hope you are all coping with “house arrest” as well as you can, finding plenty to do
Keep sane and safe
Chris

10 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning Chris! You made it then with that 80th card - well done. Just LOVE that card for Adrian!!! Exactly right indeed. I have Nigel and Colin here this morning doing some repair work on the house!! They are still able to keep working which is good.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret

Sarah Brennan said...

Great cards Chris and a belated happy anniversary to you and Adrian. Fab sentiment inside too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Belinda said...

Happy anniversary! 50 years that is a true blessing. This year will be my 19th with my husband. The years seem to fly by the older I get. House arrest is the same here. I find myself being the social distance police while looking out my window at neighbors. I have a pregnant neighbor that doesn't social distance or wear a mask and I am consumed with anger as I watch her talk to the people that are renovating her property right now. It's so awful to witness. My family is hanging in there although I think I need a car ride to alleviate some cabin fever since it's too cold today to sit outside. Stay well.
Belinda #32

Caro said...

Fantastic cards - the one for Adrian really made me laugh. Brilliant! Happy WOYWW. Stay safe and take care. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#25)

Helen said...

love the 80th birthday card, and your anniversary card, too - tell it like it is!! have a good week and stay safe. love to you both. Helen #2

My name is Cindy said...

You have a beautiful view from your window, it must be lovely to watch the changing seasons. The 8oth card is just gorgeous and I love the sentiment inside your anniversary card - well sometimes they do need to be told!! Stay Safe, Stay well, Happy WOYWW Cindy #18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Chris, the Anniversary card is fab, and really made me laugh! The Birthday card is gorgeous by the way, love the colour scheme. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #11 X

Julia Dunnit said...

Perfect words on that card, and congratulations on that anniversary, it’s a lot of togetherness! The view from your window is just lovely isn’t it. We were on Lanzarote in January and they were saying the same about what looked like dead and gnarled vineyards....they grow them on the ground to protect them from the wind and don’t need water because the overnight dew is enough. I drank the wine, so it must be true, but it is fair to say that it still surprises me. clearly a little dew goes a long way! another of His mysterious ways if you ask me!
Brilliant birthday card maker there Chris, you are good to make each as a bespoke job. I might take on your example. At the moment I tend to have a binge of making birthday cards and then just pick one from a small pile. Time for a change! keep well in your castle!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your 80th Birthday card is beautiful but I have to say the words on your Anniversary card are priceless and I love the extra touch you added inside, i'm always referred to as my Hubby's better half too hee hee!!!
Carry on enjoying that spectacular scene from your window & take care Tracey #3

Shoshi said...

Happy anniversary Chris, and what an absolutely brilliant card you made for Adrian! I could say the same to my hubby... Somehow we go on putting up with each other lol! We've been at it for only 33 years (34 next month) which is nothing compared with your 51! Keep up the good work.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15