Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2015

WOYWW 301

Another week has whizzed by and Wednesday is approaching fast, so it is time share our desks with the delightful Julia and all you lovely people.
First of all, thank you for all your visits last week, and a moment to set the record straight. The flowers I 'ordered' for Julia, were only on my website, so Julia only got to enjoy them there, as did the rest of you, I hope. Actually they were the flowers my daughter sent me for Mothering Sunday last year.
So to business, although I still have tendonitis, wearing a brace on my arm relieves me of some of the pain, if I am careful with what I do, using scissors is really painful, as is using my mobile phone or tablet, However making cards is good exercise as long as I am not putting too much pressure on my arms, so I have had quite a blitz, I finished some previously unfinished symphonies, made new cards, the eagled eyed among you might notice that I have used the die I showed you last week on three cards, and, Oh dear, I have more unfinished symphonies.  I am particularly frustrated with the red card with the fan and lacy corner, anyone got some good ideas what else to do with it to make it look finished.?

I also made some Easter cards, our church has very close link with the local school and there are some children there whose families are in very straighten circumstance, so we are putting together some Easter bags, a bit like the shoe boxes, but for the whole family, and we needed cards for the bags so I rustled up half a dozen, and it gave me the chance to use the new corner punch I managed to miss in last week's picture.


























Then there was the requirement to make a birthday card for no 1 grandson, 14 years old on Monday and absolutely mad about tigers, his bedroom is a vision in black and orange, pictures, blankets bedding and floor cushion, so at least I had a theme to work with.
Well I am having serious problems with Blogger so  I will say Happy WOYWW, have a great week and thank you for dropping in.
 Chris

16 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Chris so really beautiful cards there ... too hard to pick one .... but must admit the fan die is really eye catching .. lovely!
Thanks so much for sharing ~ happy WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x #27

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards blog}
!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

PS pray your tendonitis improves dramatically, so more is allowed ... soon, please Lord ..xxx

Annie said...

Happy Wednesday. I'm doing my visits of all my fav blogs while my twinnie munchkins play with the knex 😃
I do hope your arms improve very soon. You have been using your time well and made some beautiful cards.
Hugs,
Annie x #18

glitterandglue said...

Morning Chris. Good to see you have managed to get so many bits done. The cards are great - well done.
The fan card? I'd cut a long thin piece of probably, gold, card with a nice edge, put a sentiment on it, and place it diagonally in the gap... Any good as an idea?
See you soon - must arrange what time we leave up here to get to the show...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad your tendinitis has been ok for card making at least. Isn't it weird how the other activities make it ache though? The cards are fab and I'm your your GS will love the tigers :-)
Hugs, LLJ 5 xx

Laura said...

You've been very busy for an injured crafter! I love the Easter card.
Hope you are feeling better soon
Happy Wednesday x
Laura

MrsC.x said...

cor you have been busy! wishing your arm well
Happy WOYWW!
Thanks for sharing
Mrs C.xx
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/woyww-march-10th-2015.html

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy WOYWW Chris...you have been busy, lots of lovely cards. glad you're managing your pain, hope you have a great week RobynO#25

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Chris, for someone with tendonitis, you are certainly not giving in without a fight!I think the fan card just needs a sentiment panel, its pretty much perfect as it is. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz xxx

Anne said...

You are busy, busy, busy!! What would you accomplish if not injured I wonder :-) Super cards. Anne x # 32

Unknown said...

Hope you heal and feel better - you are doing such great work in spite of it! I think your fan card is so pretty - all it's missing is a glittery sentiment. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is one massive collection of cards. The fans are particularly nice. Have a good week and happy crafting, Angela x 31

Elizabeth said...

What a great selection of cards ... makes me feel like quite a slacker :) I wish you a very happy weekend. Elizabeth x #56

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh, I hope you haven't been worrying that I thought they were flowers for me? I did understand! Cor, tendonitis is painful, am very glad you can do something (and you are being a prolific 'do somethinger'!), or it would drive you nuts because there's nothing to concentrate on except the pain and inconvenience. I think the same about the fan card..in the rule of thirds you've got the top and bottom third covered and balanced nicely..you get 'wrap' a stick on greeting to follow the shape of the fan about 1cm below it and that would break up the blank eye line third...

Shoshi said...

Chris, what absolutely gorgeous cards, and what variety! I particularly love the tiger one - I adore tigers, and I think my absolute favourite pages in the mini-album I made last year about my Dad were the pages about the tigers... My hubby has promised to take me to the zoo before I go into hospital, so I can get a tiger fix!

I am sorry to hear about your suffering from tendonitis. It must be very frustrating, wanting to do things and the thngs you enjoy causing you so much pain. I do hope that the brace will help, and that you will soon recover.

Thank you for a lovely comment. Although it was devastating at the time to be sent home when we were so well on wth the admission process, the postponement has proved to be a blessing in disguise because we've been given the clear fortnight to rest and recover from all the stress brought on by Mum refusing to go into respite care - when she did eventually go, it was only 2 days before I was due to be admitted and I was still climbing the walls and very, very angry with her - she deprived us of the fortnight's rest we'd been hoping for, and in the end, we have had it. So all has worked out very well. All last week I felt fine about things, even if rather exhausted, but as we approach the final stretch, I can feel the butterflies stirring again and I'm beginning to get scared again...

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #46

Shoshi said...

Hi Chris, I think that must be the purpose behind this second postponement - the Lord teaching me patience, lol!!! I don't feel so bad about it now, although I was pretty frustrated and fed up when we first heard. There's nothing to be done about it and I've just got to wait till we get a date. Not having a date is the worst part of it because it makes forward planning so difficult. We really are captives of the hospital's whims, aren't we! (Not that this postponement was a whim - I feel very sorry for my surgeon, having to deal with a family crisis serious enough to make him take time off work at such short notice - I wonder what on earth can have happened?) No doubt we will hear in due time, and I am now anxious to get this over and done with because the cancer is still there and needs dealing with.

Shoshi