Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

WOYWW 303

Morning lovely people and welcome to What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Julia.
Right housekeeping over, now to tell you that my workdesk is not worth viewing today, instead this will be a picture heavy post.
So, Margaret, John and I went to the craft show at the NEC last Friday and did a 'little' bit of shopping!! I did have a list and did try to stick to it, but it was all so tempting!!!
So this was my desk on Saturday morning when these pictures were taken, before I managed to find homes for it all, well most of it.
 There is a stamp press, because I always end up with my stamp just not quite straight and this should help me line them up perfectly and a bow maker, which I have been after for a while, and some ribbons and a Tattered lace die.
 And some stamps, especially the Savannah set with a giraffe, my daughter is mad about giraffes, and a music stamp for son in law's birthday card.
A Spellbinders die, which I bought for a special reason and it is not the right size, and a tattered lace embossing folder, which is gorgeous and sort of goes with the die I got.
Then there are some Distress inks and Occasions dies, Golden and Anniversary for my sister's Golden Anniversary, of course!
Also some bling, I love Meiflower gems, and other embellishments, and another music stamp.
This is the Savannah set of stamps in more detail and a lovely Nativity set as well.

Looking at these pictures, a few days after I took them, I am suddenly reminded of all the goodies I did buy, and I couldn't get everything on my list.

And just to prove I will use them, I played with the giraffe stamp and the bow maker and made this card for my daughter.
And finally a card for friend who is 60. I got these cardboard numbers at the show, 30 for 25pence, which I thought was jolly good value, and I also used the grass stamp from the Savannah set on this.



Well if you have stuck with me through all that, thank you very much for visiting, even if I cheated and didn't show you the mess that is my desk.
Well I'm off to visit other desks and see what other folks are doing.
Bless you all
Chris

13 comments:

Helen said...

pics of stash are always allowed instead of desks!! great haul, and love the giraffe card for your daughter. Helen 3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow! you did well at the NEC :-) but you got some useful stuff and some lovely new stash. We're all allowed to do that once in a while!! The giraffes are fun :-)
Hugs, LLJ 24 xx

Annie said...

Happy Wednesday. I'm doing my visits of all my fav blogs while my twinnie munchkins play with their knex today 😃
It looks like you all had a fab day out and what a wonderful lot of new stash you've bought. Have a fun week playing with it all.
Hugs,
Annie x #21

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely collection of new stuff, have fun now Cheers RobynO#27

Sue McDonald said...

Ohhh you lucky people who went to nec.....lots of craftiness to play with

Happy woyww
Sue#3

Lindart said...

Of my! Look at all those new toys! I am jealous! Have fun playing - your giraffe card is wonderful! The stamp press is one of the best things I have ever bought - have fun with it! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #57

Eliza said...

What a brilliant shopping haul you have what didn't you get that you wanted? I have one of those stamp press things and I really don't like it, it just doesn't do it for me I will be curious to see how you go with it. Let me know will you. As for the rest of your goodies they are awesome I love the giraffe stamp, my daughter is into giraffes's too. Love the card you have made and that grass is something special that can be used so many times without copying. Thanks for sharing your desk and stash was awesome shopping with you.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda
Happy WOYWWW

Eliza said...

Forgot to add Yoda will cuddle anyone so you are in luck where ever it is warm and affection is being handed out he will love you.

Hugs Eliza

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Mrs D, I agree, I won't be going to the March one again. I also couldn't get stuff that was on my list, I came home and ordered online! Silly thing really, as they were quite basic, I wanted some Memento inkpads and some Distress stains. Nobody had the Stains, and most people only had Black Memento! I only saw one stand with a colour choice, and I had all of them.You look to have got a great selection of bargains though. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

Patrink said...

So much shopping going on. So many lovely stamps n such.

Happy WOYWW
Thx for sharing
Pat #15

glitterandglue said...

Hey there. I didn't see half of those purchases when we had our show and tell... must have been bought in the afternoon.
Thanks for visiting already. Only just getting around to visiting everyone.
Taker care. God bless.
Margaret #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Everyone keeps saying that the NEC was quiet but you all seem to have come away with some gorgeous new things so that's good. Hope you have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 42

Shoshi said...

Lovely lot of stash and cards, Chris. Glad you enjoyed the show. Thanks for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you enjoyed my Gutless Bag Lady blog - it will soon be properly up and running once I'm in a position to post! Thank you for your good wishes for Friday.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #38