Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2016

WOYWW 359

Welcome to anyone who has found this blog by chance, can I invite you to come with me to the What's on your worktop Wednesday gathering over at Julia's wonderful hosting spot at The Stamping Ground. There you can peruse lots of far more interesting desks than mine, and for those who have come from there deliberately to visit me, Thank you so much, I will make return visits, sometime before next Wednesday.
Before I go any further, last week I remarked that I had struggled with internet access in Scotland, the previous week which was why I had not returned any visits that week. Little did I know that on Wednesday and Thursday evening last week, Sky was going to conspire to reduce my paid for broadband connections of 14 mb/s, to around 1mb/s. So if I failed to get back to you at all, or was so tardy that you thought I was ignoring you, I'm sorry it was Sky causing chaos.
However, I think things are working properly now.
So my worktop: for those who know my worktop well will see that normal service has been restored and it is good and messy.
Picture taken late Tuesday evening, from the end.
So at the top of the picture is my trusty toolbox, a paint brush I use for brushing up all kinds of things, some paper, two tubes of Pinflair photo glue, some tape, and on the glass mat, a card I have been working on and bottom left, a couple of bits done with masks, embossing paste on silver card.




 

So last week I showed you the embossing and Pan Pastels stuff I did in Scotland, and in this picture you can see that I made it into a card for the friend we visited up there. I hope she liked it.
 and just a closer view of the card on the glass mat.
It is a  card for the dedication of the son of our pastor and his wife, this coming Sunday, so I need to get it finished.

Well bless you for visiting and if you leave a comment I will get back to you, internet permitting.

Happy WOYWW

Chris

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's such a pain when technology conspires against us! I'm glad you're back to normal now...well, computer wise anyway 😉
Your cards are lovely, I'm sure they'll be well received!
Hugs, LLJ 14 xxx

Lynn Holland said...

Don't mind me disturbing all your stuff on your desk I'm just in the look out for a simple kitchen chair stamp. Have you seen one anywhere haha.
Hope you don't have anymore hiccups
Lynn 20 x

BJ said...

Adorable dedication card. I got the word die for Baptism, although not sure when I'll use it but did go back to my pre-scrapping photo album and added the word for mine on 13/1/2002. BJ #17 in the end!

Barb said...

I haven't dropped in for a few weeks so didn't see your post last week. However I'm glad to see the card you made. The pan pastel and embossed panel looks beautiful and that's a lovely card you are making for the Pastor and his wife. You certainly have a lovely busy desk. Barbxx #26

sandra de said...

Lovely card you are working on and sounds like you had a lovely break.
sandra de @11

My name is Cindy said...

Internet probs eh? If you had told me 15 years ago that the quality of my broadband could make or break my day I would have thought you were nuts. I am absolutely dependent on it - don't know what I would do if anyone was to pull the plug now!! Love the style of that dedication card - I do like 'flags' I think they are very elegant. Happy Wednesday, Cindy #29

Chidkid said...

That pan pastel card is stunning! Elaine no. 24

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ahhh wnderful work there Chris well done on making up your panpastel creation for your friend too! and love the card you are nearly finished too!
I do hope Sky behave this week for you, God bless dear friend!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x # 34

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great makes, technology can be fantastic but a real pain when now working! Take care Zo xx 35

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi there, love the card for the dedication. Gorgeous colour. Nice desk shot. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 xxx

Helen said...

I never have any idea how much of my supposed broadband speed I actually get, but it's so frustrating when it's slow... love your desk today! Helen #1

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colours on the Thank You card. They are beautiful.

Grrr concerning broadband. For a while we were having trouble with ours every time weather got too hot or too cold. Company tried to tell us it was our fault. Lol. Glad it's fixed now.

Sharon k #49

Bridget Larsen said...

The pan pastel card is gorgeous and I love the layout of the last card
Bridget #2