Pages

Friday 15 March 2013

Following my comment on Julia's blog about crochet, I thought I'd post a picture of one of the many blankets I have made over the past few years.

This one is on the spare bed, I have another one that I made for the bed on the boat, but don't have a picture of it, although I am certain I took one.







Three sets of camera batteries later I have laid it on the bedroom floor and taken a picture of it.I would have put it on the spare bed, but that is full of stuff to go in the attic and don't feel inspired to do that at the moments.


Started trying to finish card I showed on WOYWW but my efforts at stamping do not seem to be going well so it might have to wait until Monday.
Feeling a bit frustrated at present with making cards, I bought two discs from Docrafts, with the Digital designer and found that they were so not-user friendly that I got very cross, and cross is not the right frame of mind to do any crafting. the images are lovely but the programme is so substandard compared to Craft Artist that I feel cheated. I don't do a huge amount of stuff with the computer, prefer using 'real' bits, but just occasionally I need to do something in a hurry and if necessary I can produce a presentable card in 15 minutes with Craft Artist. If I want to make it that little bit better I can do some decoupage.
Well I have visitors coming to supper in about 40 minutes so I'd better to something towards that.
Chris

3 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Chris just been around that site on eBay that left on last comment below and Deb has lots of stamps with beautiful verses on them..
Post to you may not be as terribly dear as it is to here in Oz - just thought you might like to know ..

... and wow I love this awfully clever work, love Shaz.x

Carys Haf Roberts said...

Ohhhh absolutely love your crochet blankets x

Mrs.D said...

Diolch yn fawr Carys. I always have some crochet on the go, can't bear sitting with my hands idle, especially while I am watching television. Started crocheting blankets many years ago whilst sitting in rather cold caravan, reckoned that if I had a blanket around my knees while I was working on it I would kill to birds with one stone.
Currently working on a blanket in square for the motorhome, will be on worktop tomorrow,