Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013


Yesterday evening I felt I really had to finish some of the cards on my worktop, so I had a very busy time trying to stamp sentiments and work out what die cuts to use to make the card elements harmonise. The black and white one took the most time as I couldn't stamp the sentiment on the white shimmery card. The ink just bled horribly and I tried at least 4 different inks, Papermania, Stazon, Whispers and Momento, and none of them produced a sharp image on the card. I have no idea what the card is, pulled it out of the drawer when I started making the card and thought 'that looks nice'. So then I had to colour some silver peeloff to get something that would fit on the piece I had cut out for it to go on. Why is nothing ever simple?


For those who like to know these things, the black shaped card came from Create and craft and were called Silk art cards and are no longer available, the black and white paper is from Pink Petticoat, Grannie's wallpaper, the white square was cut with Spellbinders ornate squares and the flower with Spellbinders poinsettia.  The sentiment panel I believe is Labels 8.


And if anyone can tell me how to crop pictures on here to get rid of the scenery behind, I'd appreciate it.


My next creation was far simpler but just as effective, I think and I can tell you nothing at all about any of the makings since everything came out of my stash. 














 This one was a fun one to make, but very fiddly, cutting out all the flowers. It was virtually a straight copy of a card I saw in a magazine, but not using their papers or colourways.
 Again the paper is pink petticoat, Pointy poinsettias in various toning colours. I do love their papers and the fact that they all available in 50 different colours and, as long as you print all you need at the same time, you can be certain that your colours will all match.












The final one was also on my worktop on Wednesday. Again the ornate squares die cutter and silver peel offs coloured black.










And finally, since I took a picture of them to send to her, these are the flowers my daughter sent me for Mothering Sunday, still looking as fresh as ever on their diet of Sprite lemonade. I had heard of this idea before, of putting fresh flowers in lemonade, must have sugar in it, but have not had such wonderful results with it before. They have been in a warm living room since they arrived 11 days ago but have not dropped anything or suffered at all from the hear or age.
Well I have things to do so must stop,
Blessings to you all
Chris


1 comment:

MaryH said...

Oh my what lovely cards, ALL of them. It would be hard to pick a fav, but the 1st one was the most 'glamourous' I think! All were great though. And I enjoyed the pretty flowers your sweet daughter sent. Didn't know about the sprite lemonade tip. Thanks. Just wanted to tell you I've nominated your blog for the Liebster award, so when you've time, pop over to my blog to pick up the award. All you need do, is copy & paste the award pic & the words underneath - into a post on your blog. Then you can nominate 5 other bloggers that inspire you to pass along the Liebster. I don't see a place to 'join as a follower', so you might want to consider adding this. Or maybe there is another way to follow your blog, that I'm missing! Thanks for sharing such inspiring cards! I have you in my favorites so I can get back to visit from time to time. Have a great week and Congratulations on the Liebster. You certainly deserve it! Hugs